Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Money Group - Reading Post 3

The Soul of Money has shed lights to several issues that I have never actually put serious thought about. In the expense of earning more money, we missed out so many good opportunities to truly enjoy the things around us.

Personally, as a senior standing student, I feel that I often find myself spending so much time on finding the perfect job for myself. I spent my entire 4th of July holiday on internship.com, USC Career Source, and editing my resume as well as making my perfect cover letter. To look back, I felt really bad because I could have actually spent this holiday with my girlfriend to enjoy the fireworks instead. Just looking at such recent events, I really hope that I will not end up being one of the many captured in our consumerism culture. Moreover, I don’t want to end up being the one who is unable to give time for my children in the future.

Like Twist suggested in her book, we need to be able to learn to be satisfied with sufficiency once we hit the “balance”. 

No comments:

Post a Comment